If you are an espresso addict like myself then you know that a morning cannot begin without your cappuccino! I simply feel like something is missing when I don’t have one. My husband is a big coffee drinker as well and we found ourselves heading to our local Starbucks far too often. Although we LOVED getting to know our local baristas and becoming “Regulars” with a “Usual Order” we knew that we were spending too much money buying these drinks every single morning. I guess the sign is when you enter a Starbucks and everybody knows your name, you go too often!
To save money we decided we should try making our coffee & cappuccino at home. Now this sounds pretty simple, and for Robert it was, he was able to purchase his favorite coffee grounds from Starbucks and brew it at home – He is an iced coffee fan, and the process to make iced coffee is pretty straight forward. For me however, it was much harder because making a cappuccino is not as easy, you need the tools and the skills. So I did my research and found the perfect machine to give me those tools and skills I needed, and with Nepresso VertuoLine’s Evoluo Machine and Aeroccino+ Milk Frother I now feel like a barista in my own home!
I was super excited to try this machine but also nervous, because making a cappuccino looks hard, when I watch my favorite baristas steaming milk it looks like an art form. But the Evoluo Machine makes it so easy with a simple push of a button, anyone can do it!
What you need:
- VertuoLine espresso pods of your choice. I use Diavolitto because it is the strongest
- Milk – I use skim but you can use any kind you prefer
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Start by pushing the button on the top of the machine, this wakes up the machine and it only take about 15 seconds until its ready to go.
- Place the espresso pod of your choice into the machine and close the lid, place your mug on the adjustable tray so its ready to catch the espresso.
- Push that same button on the top of the machine and it will begin brewing your espresso – Can you believe it’s that easy?!?
- While your espresso is brewing, you can start frothing your milk. First make sure you have the correct frothing whisk (the round one is for cappuccino’s).
- Pour milk into your Aeroccino+ milk frother, you will see two lines, one is a mark for latte’s and one is for cappuccinos (which takes less milk) so fill to the lower line.
- Place the lid securely on top of the machine and push the button on the front, it will light up and you will see the milk begin to spin inside.
- When your espresso has completed brewing you can open the top back up and the pod will automatically eject into the capsule container on the side of the machine for an easy clean up!
- When both your espresso is brewed, and your milk has been properly frothed (which takes about 2 minutes), you can then pour the milk into the mug adding to your espresso, spooning any extra froth on top as you please.
- Finally, top your drink with a sprinkle of cinnamon (this is optional but delicious!) You may also want to add sugar if you prefer your cappuccino on the sweeter side.
- And viola! You are now a barista in your own home and that drink sure taste like a professional made it!
This machine is not only easy to use and makes delicious espresso & coffee, but it is also a really cute machine! I am a neat freak and love a certain style when it comes to my kitchen, this machine fit in so well with its pop of red (it comes in a few colors) and its sleek edges. I also love that the Nespresso pods come in distinguishing colors to assure you are choosing your favorite flavor while also providing an easy clean up. You can purchase all kinds of Nespresso products to make displaying your pods look good, I love this Pod Stand from Amazon. Nepresso has its own app and you can join the Nespresso club with it, I did and it saves my previous orders and allows me to schedule my next order so I do not have to ever go without my cappuccino!
Now before you run off to buy your own Nespresso machine (which I know you will!) I have to give a big shout out to Nespresso for its sustainability efforts as well, this is one of my absolute favorite thing about this company, is its commitment to our environment! The recycling options make it really easy for you to support their efforts too. You can either bring your used pods to any of the Nespresso boutiques near you or you can use one of Nespresso’s recycling bags and drop it off at any UPS drop box near you. The bags are free, you just need to ask for them at one of the boutiques or by ordering online. You can watch this video about the process that goes into it, this type of effort along with the tremendous customer service they offer makes me a life long Nespresso Club member!
Thanks for Reading Friends!